Aaron K. Ruter, D.P.M.
Dr. Aaron Ruter is a surgical podiatrist who joined Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute in 2017. Dr. Ruter devotes his practice to helping anyone and everyone with any foot or ankle complications or pain, and as a former member of Saint Joseph’s College track and field program, he takes pride in keeping people moving.
Dr. Ruter grew up in Forreston, a small town in northwest Illinois, where he watched his father treat patients for many years. He later moved on to Rensselaer, Indiana, where he completed his undergraduate education at Saint Joseph’s College before going to Independence, Ohio, where he attended Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine. He underwent his surgical residency in rearfoot reconstruction at Midwestern University and Franciscan Alliance in Dyer, Indiana. Dr. Ruter also completed a fellowship at Indiana Foot & Ankle in Jasper, Indiana, with an emphasis in diabetic nerve care and surgery along with diabetic limb salvage and reconstruction. Dr. Ruter is a faculty and board member of The Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons (AENS). In addition to teaching for the nerve association, he is also available to treat and diagnose lower extremity nerve conditions.
In his off time, Dr. Ruter enjoys spending time with his wife and children. He also enjoys fishing in every sense of the word, as well as boating, kayaking, and jeep rides.
Dr. Ruter is available to see patients at our Crown Point office.
Direct Phone Line: (219) 921-1444
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology With a Double Minor in Chemistry and Psychology: Saint Joseph’s College, Rensselaer, IN
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine: Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine, Independence, OH
- Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery Residency: Midwestern University/Franciscan Alliance, Dyer, IN
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship: Indiana Foot & Ankle, Jasper, IN
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Board-Qualified: American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Podiatric Medical Student Association
- American Society of Podiatric Surgeons
- Kappa Theta Epsilon
- The Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Franciscan Health Crown Point
- Franciscan Point Surgery Center
- No Review Found!