Rebecca B. Anderson, M.D.
Board-certified, fellowship-trained hand and upper extremity surgeon Dr. Rebecca Anderson joined Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute in 2008. Dr. Anderson is committed to working with each patient to treat their injury or condition through a combination of conservative and, as needed, surgical measures to achieve the best functional outcome possible. She uses a combination of surgical and conservative measures to help her patients achieve tangible results to improve his or her life.
Dr. Anderson received her undergraduate education from Harvard College in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She went on to earn her Doctor of Medicine degree from The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. After medical school, Dr. Anderson continued her training through an orthopedic surgery residency at Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. She attained additional specialty training through an orthopedic hand surgery fellowship at Harvard Medical School and its affiliate, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, in Boston, Massachusetts.
In her spare time, Dr. Anderson enjoys biking and running to stay active.
Dr. Anderson is available to see patients at our Chesterton, Crown Point, and Portage offices.
Clinical Staff: Gage A. Thoma, P.A.-C.,
Julie Packovski, R.N.
Direct Phone Line: (219) 250-5015
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in History and Science: Harvard College, Cambridge, MA
- Doctor of Medicine: Pritzker School of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Orthopedic Hand Surgery Fellowship: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Porter County Medical Society
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Franciscan Health Crown Point
- Franciscan Health Michigan City
- Franciscan Health Woodland Surgery Center, Michigan City
- Outpatient Surgery Center at Lake Park
- Shoreline Surgery Center
- St. Mary Medical Center
- Northwest Health - Porter
- Northwest Health - La Porte
- Northwest Health - Lakeshore Surgicare
601 Gateway Boulevard
Chesterton, IN 46304
500 East 109th Avenue
Crown Point, IN 46307
3691 Willowcreek Road
Portage, IN 46368
- No Review Found!