Hassan Usmani, D.P.M.
Dr. Hassan Usmani is a double board-certified surgical podiatrist who specializes in the nonsurgical and surgical treatment of the foot and ankle. Dr. Usmani is a native of Houston, Texas, and he has been practicing in the area since 2018. He is proud to call northwest Indiana his new home, and he joined Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute in 2021. His expertise includes ankle replacement, sports-related injuries, pediatric and adult foot and ankle fractures, complex revision surgery, clubfoot, flatfoot, and reconstructive foot and ankle surgery.
After receiving his bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University, Dr. Usmani earned his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio. He then completed his advanced specialty training in podiatric medicine and podiatric surgery through his residency at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens in New York City. Dr. Usmani is also board-certified in both foot surgery and ankle surgery through the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
In his practice, Dr. Usmani strives to help patients alleviate their pain and get back on their feet. His care philosophy is rooted in patient education, and he works closely with his patients to help them understand their injury or condition and the best treatment options. Dr. Usmani first works to help patients with conservative, nonsurgical treatments by all means before discussing surgical care. If surgery is necessary, Dr. Usmani has the training and experience to offer the procedure needed for the best possible outcome.
Dr. Usmani has a strong desire to deliver his patients the best care possible, and he is also an academic at heart. He practices evidence-based medicine, and when he isn’t seeing patients, he also actively engages with the latest advancements in the field and presents research and scientific discussions nationally to his peers. Additionally, Dr. Usmani enjoys all things culinary, quantum physics, traveling, collecting vintage advertisements, and comic books. He also has an active lifestyle and enjoys hiking.
Dr. Usmani is available to see patients at our LaPorte and Michigan City offices.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Economics: Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine: Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, OH
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, New York City, NY
- Foot Surgery, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Indiana Podiatric Medical Association
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Franciscan Health Michigan City
- Northwest Health - Porter
- Northwest Health - La Porte
- Northwest Health - Lakeshore Surgicare
Surgery Week Protocols
- Week Before Surgery
- Personal Assistance
- Patient Proofing Your House
- Evening Before Surgery
- Day of Surgery
- Recovery and Aftercare
- Alfredson Stretching Regiment
- Foot & Ankle Range of Motion Exercises
- Plantar Fascitis and Achilles Stretching Exercises
- 1st MPJ Fusion Protocol
- Achilles Tendon Rupture Protocol
- Ankle Fracture Protocol
- Bunionectomy Protocol
- Flat Foot & Pes Cavus Reconstruction Protocol
- Haglund’s Heel Spur & Insertional Achilles Tendinitis Protocol
- Jones Fracture Protocol
- Lateral Ankle Reconstruction Protocol
- Lisfranc Fracture with Charlotte Protocol
- Post-Operative Instructions
- Total Ankle Replacement (TAR) Protocol
- No Review Found!