Heather A. Nath, M.D.
Fellowship-trained and board-certified pain management specialist Dr. Heather Nath joined Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute in 2008. As a pain management doctor, Dr. Nath’s goal is to provide academic-level care in a personal setting. She approaches each patient as a "total person" and uses individualized treatment plans when managing complex pain issues. Her practice scope includes advanced spinal cord stimulation techniques for chronic low back pain and neuropathic conditions as well as the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of complex regional pain syndrome. Dr. Nath has over 24 years of experience, and the latest technology stimulators offer tremendous success for patients previously thought to have few options.
Dr. Nath completed her undergraduate studies in science at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois, followed by earning her Doctor of Medicine degree at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. There, she also underwent a medical internship in obstetrics and gynecology, followed by a residency in anesthesiology and additional specialty training through a fellowship in pain management. Dr. Nath also practiced for 10 years as a teaching attending at Rush University Medical Center in anesthesiology and pain management.
When she is not treating patients, Dr. Nath likes to travel and enjoys various aspects of home renovation.
Dr. Nath is available to see patients at our Chesterton and Portage offices.
Clinical Staff: Andrea Dettmar, R.N.
Direct Phone Line: (219) 250-5008
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Bradley University, Peoria, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: Rush University Medical Center Chicago, IL
- Obstetrics/Gynecology Internship: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Anesthesiology Residency: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Pain Management Fellowship: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Board Certification: The American Board of Anesthesiology
- Board Certification: American Board of Pain Medicine
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Orthopedic Anesthesia Pain and Rehabilitation Society
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Northwest Health - Lakeshore Surgicare
- Northwest Health - Porter
- Shoreline Surgery Center
601 Gateway Boulevard
Chesterton, IN 46304
3691 Willowcreek Road
Portage, IN 46368
- No Review Found!