Dwight S. Tyndall, M.D.
Dr. Dwight Tyndall is a board certified, fellowship trained orthopedic spine surgeon who has been practicing in the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana area for over 20 years. He joined Lakeshore Bone and Joint Institute as a partner in 2021.
His expertise includes:
1. fusion-less spine surgery/ disc replacements
2. minimally invasive spinal surgery (MISS)
3. outpatient spine surgery
4. the treatment of the injured worker
5. complex revision spinal surgery
He is an advocate of outpatient spine surgery technique since this leads to less surgical pain, faster recovery and a better patient experience.
Dr. Tyndall completed his medical school at New York University, his Orthopedic surgery residency at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California and his spine surgery fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York City.
Dr. Tyndall is clinical faculty at Indiana University Medical School and serves on the editorial board of SpineUniverse.com. He is actively engaged in the design and development of new spinal surgery techniques and spinal surgery equipment and implants.
Through his work with many spinal implant companies on the development of new spinal surgery technologies and instruments, Dr. Tyndall is a pioneer in the field of minimally invasive, fusion-less spine surgery, and outpatient spine surgery.
Although he is well known for his advanced surgical skills, Dr. Tyndall strongly believes that nonsurgical solutions should be explored first before recommending surgery.
Dr. Tyndall is available to see patients at our Crown Point and Munster office.
Direct Phone Line: (219) 250-5035
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: CUNY School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: NYU Grossman School of Medicine, New York, NY
- General Surgery Internship: NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Stanford Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- SpineUniverse.com, Editorial Board
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Community Hospital
- Franciscan Health Munster
- St. Margaret Mercy Health
500 East 109th Avenue
Crown Point, IN 46307
759 45th Street, Suite 201
Munster, IN 46321
- No Review Found!