Eric K. Szczesniak, M.D.
Born and raised in the Midwest, fellowship-trained and board-certified joint replacement and revision surgeon Dr. Eric Szczesniak joined Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute in 2016. He offers first-time hip and knee replacements, complex primary joint replacements, joint preserving procedures, partial knee replacements, and revision joint replacement.
Wanting a career focused on the service of others, Dr. Szczesniak attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in Champaign, Illinois, for his undergraduate education. Much of that early education was spent in engineering courses. While attending Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois, his mechanical background and engineering passion led him to an orthopedic surgery specialty.
Dr. Szczesniak continued his training through an orthopedic surgery residency at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Illinois. There, he developed a strong interest in total joint replacement, which proved to be the ideal field to combine a highly technical engineering proficiency with the ability to improve a patient’s quality of life. Dr. Szczesniak then completed his fellowship at the Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics in Baltimore, Maryland, where he learned from the most challenging cases and honed his skills.
In his free time, friends and family are a priority, but he still finds time for his interest in aviation and related hobbies as well as running to stay active.
Dr. Szczesniak is available to see patients at our Chesterton, Portage, LaPorte, and Valparaiso offices.
Clinical Staff: Melanie Wengel, R.N.
Direct Phone Line: (219) 250-5011
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL
- Doctor of Medicine: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- Adult Reconstruction and Joint Preservation Fellowship: Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, Baltimore, MD
- Board Certfiication: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Franciscan Health Michigan City
- Franciscan Health Woodland Surgicenter, Michigan City
- Northwest Health - Lakeshore Surgicare
- Northwest Health - Porter
- Shoreline Surgery Center
601 Gateway Boulevard
Chesterton, IN 46304
Sagamore Plaza, 600 Legacy Plaza East
LaPorte, IN 46350
3691 Willowcreek Road
Portage, IN 46368
2501 Cumberland Drive
Valparaiso, IN 46383
- No Review Found!